- All stories submitted to the site must have a character from Merlin, or one of the actors from Merlin in them. Crossovers are fine as long as the fic can connect back to Merlin somehow.
- If you use characters from another universe other than Merlin, please add a disclaimer, since our site one does not cover it.
Sample DisclaimerDisclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of [Enter name of character creators/owners here]. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.
- Stories must be submitted to the proper category. If there is an appropriate sub-category, DO NOT add your story to the main category. The submission form allows you to choose multiple categories for your story, and we worked very hard to add that functionality for you. So please do NOT add your story multiple times!
- Titles and summaries must be kid friendly. No exceptions.
- "Please read", "Untitled", etc. are not acceptable titles or summaries.
- Correct grammar and spelling are expected of all stories submitted to this site. The site administrators are not grammar Nazis. However, the site administrators reserve the right to request corrections in submissions with a multitude of grammar and/or spelling errors. If such a request is ignored, the story will be deleted. A beta reader can help you a great deal if you have problems.
- All stories must be rated correctly and have the appropriate warnings. All adult rated stories are expected to have warnings. After all, they wouldn't have that rating if there wasn't something to be warned about! The site administrators recognize that there is an audience for these stories, but please respect those who do not wish to read them by labeling them appropriately. Please note: Stories containing characters under 14 in sexual situations are strictly forbidden.
- Stories with multiple chapters should be archived as such and NEVER as separate stories. Upload the first chapter of your story, then go to Manage Stories in your account to add additional chapters. If you have trouble with this, please contact the site administrator or ask a friend to help you.
- As much as possible, spoiler warnings are expected on all stories. DO NOT do anything like this: Spoilers for the one where X dies.
- All stories submitted must have significant original content and stand on their own merits. Fics based on other sources are acceptable, but only if they lend new content to the original. This is a subjective area - if in doubt use the "contact us" form and ask.
- If you story uses content from another source then the source must be cited in the notes for the story somewhere. If it is an obvious quotation like "He's dead, Jim" a citation is not necessary, but if in doubt cite anyway. Anything quoted should have a citation unless it's so obvious it has as good as entered the language.
- Drabbles are a special case on the archive, where a drabble is defined as anything below 500 words: they must use the drabble genre tag; drabbles which are connected must be posted as chapters rather than separate stories; and no author may post more than 5 drabbles per month as separate stories. We don't want to stop you posting drabbles if that is your niche, but, please, ff you wish to post lots of them then create a story called "Drabbles" and post them as chapters.
Submissions found to be in violation of these rules may be removed and the author's account suspended at the discretion of the site administrators and/or moderators. The site administrators reserve the right to modify these rules as needed.